Outcomes and Satisfaction Measurement
When you recommend your patients to us, they're in good hands. Not because we say so, but because they do. We monitor our patient's progress and hold ourselves accountable.
Providing quality care and service to our patients make up the foundation of SolexPhysical Therapy. To demonstrate this commitment to both our patients and referring physicians, we have partnered with Focus on Therapeutic Outcomes, Inc. (FOTO®) to measure functional patient outcomes and patient satisfaction with national data comparison.
What is FOTO®?
FOTO® is the largest and most valid external database for rehabilitation, measuring patient satisfaction and functional outcomes for musculoskeletal, industrial, neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary, and pediatric patients.
During care at our facilities, our patients now complete a health status questionnaire using a tablet device at admission, mid-treatment, and discharge. The data provided rates the patient's ability to do usual activities. FOTO® then provides an external, standardized, comparative database management and reporting service.
What is the significance of partnering with FOTO®?
The implementation of FOTO® within all of Solex's facilities has been a progression of advancements over the past twenty years. During this time, Solex has diversified its services to meet the needs of its communities to include work rehabilitation, vestibular rehabilitation, balance training and massage therapy, to name a few. To support these service offerings, Solex provides its employees post-professional education through tuition reimbursement and our in house continuing education program administered by MedBridge Education®.
With all of these elements in place, the next step was to measure treatments, outcomes, and patient satisfaction. FOTO® provides the reporting tools and national data comparison, while new technology such as mobile digital devices have allowed us to do so effectively and efficiently.
What are the benefits of FOTO® outcomes and patient satisfaction?
- We will be able to provide risk-adjusted comparisons of our level of quality and value to other providers of similar medical rehabilitation services. Risk adjustment parameters include such factors as care type, severity, age, acuity, and gender.
- We will be able to compare the level of functional improvement for each patient at discharge and the efficiency of the care as compared to similar, risk-adjusted patients seen by other medical rehabilitation providers.
- We will be able to provide outcomes reports for individual patients.
- We will be able to measure patient satisfaction in order to better understand and respond to patient needs.
- By measuring our performance against providers all over the country, we can identify our strengths and improve on any areas requiring focus as it relates to functional outcomes and providing an exceptional experience to the patient.